In our desire to be effective and fair to all of our clients, and out of consideration for our therapists’ time, we have adopted the following policies:
· Payment Policies Therapy Box accepts payment for services in the form of cash, credit card and gift certificate.
· 24-hour advance notice is required when cancelling an appointment. This allows the opportunity for someone else to schedule an appointment. If you are unable to give 24 hours advance notice you will be charged the full amount of your appointment. This amount must be paid prior to your next scheduled appointment. Please call us to cancel, if we don’t answer please leave a message. Cancellations made via email are not accepted.
· Less than 24-hours advanced notice If you are unable to give us the minimum of 24-hours’ notice, you will be charged the full amount of what would have been your session fee. At our discretion, this charge will either be deducted from the outstanding balance of an existing “package” or gift certificate, forfeited or otherwise must be paid in full prior to your next session. Appointments made within 24-hours are automatically subject to cancellation fees.
· Rescheduling We will accommodate your request to reschedule if you honor our 24-hour cancellation policy. Prepaid appointments will be transferred to a credit to be used at a later date.
· No-shows Anyone who either forgets or consciously chooses to forgo their appointment for whatever reason will be considered a “no-show.” They will be charged for their “missed” appointment and future appointments will not be scheduled until full payment is received for missed appointment & current upcoming appointment moving forward.
· Late Arrivals Policy If you arrive late, your session may be shortened in order to accommodate others whose appointments follow yours. Depending upon how late you arrive, we will then determine together if there is enough time remaining to start a treatment. Regardless of the length of the treatment actually given, you will be responsible for paying for the “full” session. Out of respect and consideration to your therapist and other clients: Please plan accordingly to be on time.
· Inclement Weather Policy Cancellations for inclement weather will be made on a case-by-case basis, and will not be subject to the 24-hour cancellation policy. If you feel that you are unable to safely make it to your appointment due to weather related road conditions, please call, text or email as early as possible. Remember that our therapists also will be on the roads, so the earlier you can let us know, the better.
· Sick Policy When we our sick our immune system is working overtime and we don't want to add more work for your already taxed system to do. Nor do we want our therapists or other clients to catch what you are suffering from, but also keep in mind that we are doing healing and health care work at our facility, and some of the other clients we are serving may have compromised immune systems.
If you are sick (contagious phase/height of sickness and/or if you have a fever), please do not come in for a massage. If you are scheduled and need to cancel, as early as possible please call us to cancel, cancellations made via email are not accepted. Cancellations due to illness are not subject to the 24-hour cancellation policy (although if we suspect that this kindness is being abused, we do reserve the right to request a doctor's note supporting your claim.) In return, we will also respect this same policy and not allow any of our therapists who may be sick to work with clients.
· Minors (children under the age of 18) must have the consent of a parent or guardian via a written minor informed consent form. This form must be completed and signed in the presence of the massage therapist.
For all clients under 18, a parent or guardian must accompany the minor to their appointment. When treating all children under the age of 14, a parent or legal guardian must remain in the treatment room for the full duration of the session. For children between the ages of 14 and 17, the decision on whether the parent or legal guardian must remain in the treatment room for the full duration of the session will be made by the massage therapist, on a case-by-case basis.
Children can be scheduled for up to a 60 -minute session.